- July 18, 2014
July 18, 2014 – Belden released Lumberg Input/Output Network-Ruggedized (LioN-R) modules that allow actuators and sensors to connect to controllers via PROFIBUS-DP.. The LioN-R modules combine mechanical stability with functional reliability:
- Fully enclosed metal housings withstand welding sparks, filings, aggressive coolants and lubricants, while fulfilling modern requirements for on-machine mounting.
- The galvanic isolation of the sensors and actuators from the higher-level bus system, as well as through short-circuit proof outputs, protects from interference.
- A simple diagnostic concept allows faults to be located quickly, due to precise channel and bus diagnosis, and guarantee maximum machine uptime.
- Standardized M12 connection technology reduces the time and effort required for installation, maintenance and storage, while ensuring quick and simple expansion.
The LioN-R modules are designed primarily for use in mechanical engineering. Typical applications include metal processing, material handling, welding lines and automated systems, such as those in food and beverage applications. Because the modules ensure high productivity, they offer system manufacturers a competitive edge. The LioN-R I/O modules for PROFIBUS are available in three versions: 16 digital input (DI) channels, 16 digital output (DO) channels, or a combination of eight DI and eight DO channels. The modules also feature:
- Vibration-proof M12 connection technology with metal threads and embedded ports for space-saving installations.
- Optimized slot arrangement for easy use, even with T-distributors.
- Conveniently-set module address using a rotary switch.
- Power supply with a 7/8" connector has a nominal voltage of 24 V DC.
All variants of the LioN-R modules satisfy the requirements of industrial protection class IP67, are designed for an operating temperature range of -10°C to +60°C, and are certified by the PROFIBUS User Organization (PNO), as well as the UL standard. About Belden Belden Inc., a global leader in high-quality, end-to-end signal transmission solutions, delivers a comprehensive product portfolio designed to meet the mission-critical network infrastructure needs of industrial, enterprise and broadcast markets. With innovative solutions targeted at reliable and secure transmission of rapidly growing amounts of data, audio and video needed for today’s applications, Belden is at the center of the global transformation to a connected world. Founded in 1902, the company is headquartered in St. Louis and has manufacturing capabilities in North and South America, Europe and Asia.