- October 24, 2014
- MDT Software
October 24, 2014 – MDT Software released AutoSave version 6, with the ability to manage changes to devices that are non-networked, even in very remote areas. AutoSave Change Management Software protects, saves, restores, discovers, and tracks changes in industrial programmable devices. In using AutoSave to manage program changes, automation users can protect the intellectual property in their automation layer across their enterprise; helping to avoid risk regardless of the environment and device type for rapid recovery from hardware failures, mistakes, sabotage and other hazards. This latest version of AutoSave includes a new AutoSave client interface extending this protection to non-networked devices by enabling users to make changes to programs in the field, then analyze and sync all changes to the server upon return to the office. Other benefits include:
- Provide version control for devices programs in remote areas
- Track changes in non-networked devices in the plant
- Enable System Integrators and off-site development teams to work on programs without providing direct access to the device
- View a history of changes performed on each device
- Compare the program running in the device to the program on the engineer's laptop
- Copy programs to create new programs in the field.
In addition to enhanced management of non-networked devices, AutoSave v6 also includes new searchable online documentation, expanded SQL and operating system support and other functional improvements increasing usability and efficiency.