- November 04, 2014
- Tempered Networks
November 4, 2014 – Tempered Network announced a cybersecurity suite, a product line that provides secure and resilient connectivity for critical infrastructure. The product offering includes three key components for implementation, including a scalable orchestration engine ( HIPswitch Conductor ), a series of hardened physical and virtual appliances ( HIPswitch ), and a management console and user interface ( SimpleConnect ).
The HIPswitch product line includes industrial and data-center grade form factors, with varying throughput and connectivity options.The transparent drop-in appliance enables any organization to securely leverage trusted and untrusted networks, including wired, WiFi and cellular, and quickly scale their environments as needed. Operational and departmental teams without IT expertise can deploy these physical or virtual appliances, while allowing IT to delegate control of private overlay networks--with centralized governance and oversight. Customers can reduce their TCO, while increasing the operational integrity and availability of critical infrastructure. The solution provides protection and flexibility for industrial control systems (ICS) equipment and industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), shielding them from targeted attacks and unintended vulnerabilities. Transparent drop-in solution leverages existing infrastructure to create secure, virtualized private overlay networks with no footprint on the shared network. Easily add secure connectivity to remote locations, even where connectivity does not currently exist
- Simple to install and maintain - unlike traditional security solutions, the Tempered Networks private overlay network can be quickly deployed and is easy to maintain and scale, reducing OpEx
- Single-pane-of-glass management - intuitive user interface enables management and documentation of all devices
- Reduces attack surface - segments ICS networks to constrain connectivity to the absolute minimum
- Highly scalable and secure - quickly add an unlimited number of devices and secure connectivity to existing network infrastructure, including trusted and untrusted networks using wired, WiFi and cellular
- Built on best-practice security standards - engineered specifically for industrial control systems and critical infrastructure, conforming to Trusted Computing Group (TCG), the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) and the International Society of Automation (ISA) standards
The Tempered Networks solution offers a ‘Transparent Mode’ feature that allows IT or Operations groups to incrementally deploy the solution with minimal impact to existing operations. Transparent Mode enables the user to deploy HIPswitches without disrupting network traffic, then enable Protected Mode once confident in the network configuration. If a configuration error is encountered, the user can quickly toggle from Protected Mode to Transparent Mode, and back to Protected Mode once the issue has been resolved. The Starter Kit is available at the discounted price of USD $9,995.