- May 06, 2014
May 6, 2014 - Lantronix announced xPico Wi-Fi Shield that supports simultaneous wireless LAN client connectivity and access point (AP) functionality and is easy to securely connect to an Arduino micro-computer using web-based tools and interactive applications on smartphones or tablets. With the xPico Wi-Fi Shield, a wireless LAN driver is not required on the Arduino microcontroller to configure wireless connectivity. The xPico Wi-Fi Shield features connection management software and a web-based configuration interface that manage connectivity complexity on behalf of the application developer. The xPico Wi-Fi Shield allows engineers, designers, students and hobbyists to quickly add smart Wi-Fi solutions to Arduino designs, while offloading the burden of TCP/IP stack and networking applications to the included xPico Wi-Fi module. The xPico Wi-Fi device, which has a tiny footprint of 24mm x 16.5mm, provides a low power, full IP stack, complete device server solution. The product provides direct access to data and equipment via any mobile device (e.g., smartphone, tablet, or laptop computer). Key Features and Benefits:
- Easy to deploy and use: Easily configurable with little or no software development necessary.
- Innovative form factor: Compact footprint: 24mm x 16.5mm.
- Mobile-ready: Enables direct access to device data via smartphones, tablets and connected PCs.
- Soft AP: Unique simultaneous soft-AP and client mode, allows for easy points of access while maintaining a secure network.
- Robust: Device server application suite field-proven by Lantronix over the last decade.
About Arduino Arduino is an open-source electronics prototyping platform based on flexible, easy-to-use hardware and software. A single-board microcontroller, the Arduino is intended to make the application of interactive objects or environments more accessible. Industry analysts estimate more than 300,000 official Arduino microcontrollers have been commercially produced and are in-use by software developers, design engineers, artists, and technology hobbyists. The xPico Wi-Fi Shield retails for $59.00.