- May 21, 2014
May 21, 2014 – Motorola Solutions announced the Android-based TC55 touch computer for the Verizon network with options for Google Mobile Services (GMS). Enterprise smartphone customers have unique requirements and, while some businesses will value the additional benefits of GMS, others will need to minimize user access and network interaction to just enterprise applications. Recognizing these needs, Motorola Solutions offers an Android smartphone in both variants – giving customers the choice. Designed for field service, field sales, merchandising, logistics and postal applications, the TC55 is a complete business solution, featuring a thin design without compromising the capabilities or durability expected from an enterprise mobile device. Available now with three radio platforms (global HSPA+/GSM, Americas LTE/HSPA+, and Verizon LTE), the TC55 provides global coverage to meet the 4G communication needs of enterprises. By capturing bar codes, signatures, documents, photos and videos with the TC55’s suite of high-performance data capture features, mobile workers can better serve their customers and improve efficiency. KEY FACTS
- To meet the differing needs of customers, the TC55’s operating system (OS) is available in two unique products built on Android: The Standard TC55 comes with Google Mobile Services (GMS), a suite of integrated applications such as Google Maps, Gmail, Google Play store, Google Search, Google Talk, and the Chrome browser standard on most smartphones. The Professional TC55, which does not include GMS, prevents data gathering of user location, keypad entries and search activities by Google while providing customers with control of application and OS upgrades. Enterprise-built applications are provided through the Motorola certification process and are made available through Motorola’s AppGallery app store.
- The TC55 offers an advanced capacitive 4.3-inch high-resolution touch screen that is brighter both indoors and outdoors, supports multi-touch capability, consumes less energy and dynamically adjusts to the environment enabling input with a bare or gloved finger or a stylus – even if the screen is wet.
- With IP67 sealing and the longest battery life in its class for dependable full-shift power, the rugged TC55 is built for a full day in the field. The TC55 comes with a rugged charging cable and is available with a rubber boot for increased durability.
- Extensions (Mx) by Motorola Solutions provides an added layer of security, manageability, data capture and wireless features on top of the standard Android OS and is included at no additional charge on both the Standard and Professional configurations.
- The TC55 supports the option to run applications built with Motorola’s RhoMobile Suite 4.0, which provides powerful development tools built from the ground up for enterprise mobility applications.
- Service from the Start is included with the purchase of the TC55 in most regions and provides free software upgrades when available and normal wear and tear repair coverage with a dependable three-day turnaround time.