- December 14, 2010
- Schneider Electric
December 14, 2010 - Invensys Operations Management introduced a HART-enabled plug-in migration solution for Fisher PROVOX Series 20 distributed control systems (DCS). Fisher PROVOX users can now easily upgrade to the Foxboro I/A Series DCS, taking advantage of HART field communications functionality, along with InFusion enterprise control system (ECS) technologies to achieve control excellence, without the need for rewiring. Well-proven Invensys plug-in migration technology minimizes cost, risk and process downtime because the upgrade can be accomplished without replacing field wiring, termination assemblies, system enclosures or power supplies. Invensys replaces the Fisher PROVOX input/output (I/O) modules with new Foxboro I/A Series I/O modules especially designed to plug directly into the existing PROVOX system nests. This unique approach is virtually risk-free, providing reversibility if needed. The actual system switchover can be accomplished in hours, with minimal‚Äîif any‚Äîcostly process downtime. With more than 26 million devices installed worldwide, the HART communications protocol is the leading communication technology for intelligent process measurement, control instrumentation and control systems. The Foxboro I/A Series I/O modules for the Fisher PROVOX DCS are based on Invensys Operations Management‚Äôs latest I/A Series 200 Series fieldbus module technology, providing HART capability for better device diagnostics and overall asset management.The Foxboro I/A Series I/O modules for Fisher PROVOX systems feature:
- Rugged, optionally redundant/fault-tolerant 200 Series I/O for nonstop analog, discrete and HART digital field communications;
- High-performance, optionally-redundant/fault-tolerant ZCP- and FCP-270 control processors, which provide the power, flexibility and reliability needed to implement today‚Äôs demanding unit- and plant-wide process control strategies;
- The new I/A Series Field Device Manager, which takes advantage of both EDDL and FDT fieldbus technologies to reduce configuration, commissioning and ongoing support costs for intelligent field devices over the instruments‚Äô entire life cycles;
- Mesh Control Network, which takes full advantage of proven commercial networking technologies to help ensure unconstrained performance and nonstop communications over the process control network.
- Invensys‚Äô unique and proven plug-in migration solution has helped more than 1,000 customers worldwide modernize their operations. Invensys also provides plug-in solutions for legacy Honeywell TDC2000 and TDC3000, Bailey NET 90 and INFI 90, Fisher PROVOX S10 and S20, Westinghouse WDPF, Siemens Moore APACS, Taylor MOD 300 and Foxboro SPECTRUM and SPEC 200 users. ‚ÄúInvensys brings new meaning and value to the term ‚Äòmigration,‚Äô‚Äù said Betty Naylor-McDevitt, director, control & safety solutions, Invensys Operations Management. ‚ÄúWe make migrating from a legacy control system to a modern control system easy, low-risk and cost-effective. In addition, the resulting new DCS provides the foundation and components for easily expanding into a powerful InFusion Enterprise Control System, with the ability to openly add additional hardware and software capabilities. This helps users leverage existing Invensys and third-party systems to achieve control and overall operational excellence.‚ÄùAbout Invensys Operations ManagementInvensys Operations Management, a division of Invensys, is a leading provider of automation and information technology, systems, software solutions, services and consulting to the global manufacturing and infrastructure industries. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, its solutions are used by more than 40,000 clients around the world in more than 200,000 plants and facilities.