- September 14, 2010
WMZT circuit breakers are available with C and D curve thermal magnetic overcurrent protection characteristics. C-curve devices are suitable for applications where medium levels of inrush current are expected, such as small transformers, lighting, pilot devices and control circuits. D-curve devices provide protection from nuisance tripping where high levels of inrush current are expected, such as motors, transformers and power supplies. The series is also suitable for reverse-feed applications.
The series is DIN-rail mountable and features a tri-free design so the breaker cannot be defeated by hold the handle in the ‚ÄúON‚Äù position. A selection of field-mountable accessories is also available, including auxiliary and alarm switches, shunt trip, lockout attachments and bus bar systems.Features:
- UL 489 DIN rail mounted miniature circuit breakers up to 40 amp current rating
- Complete family rated for 10 kAIC @ 277/480 VAC
- Suitable for feeder and branch circuit device protection
- Thermal magnetic overcurrent protection: two levels, categorized by C and D curves
- C curve magnetic trip point: 5 to 10 times the rated current, typically used for small transformers, pilot devices, etc.
- D curve magnetic trip point: 10 to 20 times the rated current, typically used for transformers or very high inductive loads.
- Trip Free Design: Breaker cannot be defeated by holding the handle in the "ON" position.
- Color coded status indicator window - Red = ON or Green = OFF
- 35 mm DIN-rail mountable, utilizing spring clip
- SWD (switching duty) Rated Circuit Breaker suitable for switching fluorescent lighting loads (In less than or equal to 20A)
- Fulfills UL 489, CSA C22.2 No.5 and also IEC 60947-2 Standard
- Can also be used in applications for which UL 1077 or CSA C22.2 No.235 are also allowed
- Suitable for Reverse Feed applications
- Field installable shunt trip and auxiliary switch subsequent mounting
- Module width of only 17.7 mm (per pole)