Invensys announces Cyber Security Assessment Service
July 25, 2013 - Invensys offers a cyber security assessment service to help its customers understand the risks that might impact the safety and reliability of their operations. The assessment is a key part of any security best practice program, helping to ensure critical infrastructure protection and compliance with corporate, industry and/or government mandates. Performed on-site, the control system assessment provides a baseline of the user’s current security position, and it can be used as the starting point to develop a strategy to meet the challenges of reducing and managing security risks.
The assessment, which includes the following service elements, allows Invensys to develop a unique and customized approach to addressing security issues:
- Site and system assessment: A site review and system-specific vulnerabilities. The results of the assessment are provided in a conclusive report highlighting critical assets, vulnerabilities and risks.
- Compliance assessment: Invensys addresses compliance status by reviewing operations and processes against required corporate compliance standards.
- Establish security baseline: A security baseline allows customers to gauge progress against current status and operating models for security.
Invensys is at the forefront of automation and information systems and their intricate integration. The company has been in the controls industry for over 100 years and has pioneered many of the technology shifts that have allowed the modern control system to be so diverse, flexible, and open.
- Comprehensive approach is the vital first step in determining your security requirements;
- Baseline and benchmark the security of your critical assets;
- Appropriate and applicable industry standards, government regulations and mandates;
- Identification and assessment of the risks that could impact your control system operation;
- Gap analysis highlights and recommends mitigation necessary to improve security;
- Assess policies, procedures and technical measures;
- Vendor-neutral and applicable to all control systems and their interconnections.
ISA releases iOS app to calculate process variables and loop signals
The tool is at users' fingertips on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, and it allows the user to choose from a variety of engineering units (like...
Matrox announces Design Assistant 5 classroom training for May 2017
The training session is tailored for systems integrators, in-house integration specialists, machine builders and OEMs who wish to develop vision or...
ISA announces publication of Detecting Leaks in Pipelines book
The book explores the complex requirements for effective leak detection of petroleum pipelines and improved pipeline safety.
GF Piping releases 200 page Valve Technical Handbook
The Valve Technical Handbook provides a resource for customers seeking detailed valve information. Over 20 manual valves and 22 actuated valves in...
CIMdata releases eBook on capital project success for EPCs
This eBook presents CIMdata's perspective on the use of open standards, notably ISO 15926, to improve interoperability, and the application of...
ISA and Automation Federation expert Steve Mustard to present at Advanced Design and...
Mustard is featured in an online article—posted by PLASTICSTODAY—that promotes the presentation he will be giving next week at the Advanced...
On Robot to announce expansion into US market at Automate 2017
Officially launching to the North American market at Automate 2017 in April, On Robot’s two-finger RG2 grippers—available in both single and...
Helukabel announces completion of expanded German production plant
One of the project’s objectives was to consolidate global R&D activities into one location. The engineering center houses additional test and...
Seeq to present with Bristol Myers Squibb and Devon Energy at OSIsoft User Conference
The presentations will speak of the benefits Seeq customers are realizing in the oil & gas, pharmaceutical, chemical, energy, mining, food and...
Solving Food Manufacturing Labor Shortages Through Robotic Automation
By Maria Ferrante, PMMI
PMMI had a chance to speak about new technologies and trends in automation with Don Wickstrum, president and owner of...