Omron STI publishes Guide to Machine and Process Safeguarding
October 11, 2011 - Omron Scientific Technologies introduces the 2011-2012 Product Selection Guide to Machine and Process Safeguarding. This guide includes essential information and selection guidelines on the company’s comprehensive family of machine and process safety solutions. The guide also highlights Omron STI’s Safety Library with access to educational resource material including fully-illustrated articles on safety regulations and directives, risk assessment, types of protective measures and background on safety technologies.
Request your free guide
The guide features a number of new products including:
- F3SJ-E Safety Light Curtains that provide simple, affordable and reliable hand-intrusion detection for use in stand-alone devices and machines
- D40Z Safety Interlock Switches that are suitable for many applications, and maintain Cat 4/PLe with up to 30 switches when connected to the G9SX-NS Control; the LED provides fault diagnostics, and 15 switches may be connected to the G9SP programmable safety controller
- D4SL Compact 6-Contact Guard Lock Safety Door Switch that offers two wiring methods for easy, quick wiring, with a strong metal head to withstand prolonged used
- G9SP Programmable Safety Controllers that are quickly programmed to satisfy the complex safety control needs of small and mid-sized machines, and are easily reconfigured to solve evolving machine set-up needs
- Status Display Touchscreen for G9SP Programmable Safety Controllers that displays safety I/O error codes and enables G9SP users to easily view the status of safety inputs and outputs without the cost of installing and wiring indicator lights
Each product page includes a SpeedSPEC number for instant access to product specifications, certifications, accessories, CAD drawings and installation manuals from any Omron STI web page. SpeedSPEC also enables users to quickly request a quote online.
Request your free guide
About Omron STI
Omron Scientific Technologies, Inc. is a North American provider of automation safeguarding products and services. Omron STI safety products and integration services are used to protect workers around machinery, automated equipment and industrial robots in a wide variety of applications and markets, including semiconductor, automotive, medical, electronics manufacturing, packaging and consumer markets.
Okuma announces case study video for CNC process simplification
The video shows how Okuma distributor Gosiger went into the control and created a GUI interface so the Moser operators don’t even see the OSP...
Honeywell Process Solutions introduces UniSim eLearn connected-learning solution
Part of the Honeywell Connected Plant intiative, UniSim eLearn is hosted in the cloud and revolutionizes access to operator training simulation...
ISA releases iOS app to calculate process variables and loop signals
The tool is at users' fingertips on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, and it allows the user to choose from a variety of engineering units (like...
Matrox announces Design Assistant 5 classroom training for May 2017
The training session is tailored for systems integrators, in-house integration specialists, machine builders and OEMs who wish to develop vision or...
ISA announces publication of Detecting Leaks in Pipelines book
The book explores the complex requirements for effective leak detection of petroleum pipelines and improved pipeline safety.
The Cost of Functional Safety for Food Processing
By Jorgen Saxeryd, ABB
In 2014 in the UK, a large food manufacturer had to pay a £800,000 fine after a serious industrial accident. This article...
Rockwell Automation to focus on digital transformation and Industrial IoT at Hannover Messe 2017
Rockwell Automation will be showcasing the technologies, solutions and services that can help companies successfully and securely take advantage of...
FieldComm Group seeks nominees for 2017 Plant of the Year Award
The FieldComm Group Plant of the Year is an international award presented to end user companies in the process automation industry to recognize the...
Yokogawa of America announces Shuji Mori as CEO
In the role of CEO, Mr. Mori will be responsible for all day-to-day business operations in North America. Mr. Mori began his career as an engineer,...
igus to showcase robotics solutions at Automate 2017
Product experts will be on hand, and product demonstrations, inducing a Fanuc 6 axis robotic arm featuring the igus triflex RSE cable retraction...