Manager, Global Key Accounts - Electronic Manufacturing Services Industry (CA) - 10570
- San Jose, California
- Mitsubishi Electric Automation
- JOB FUNCTION:
- Bachelor Degree
- CONTACT NAME:
- Human Resources
Mitsubishi Electric Automation, Inc. (MEAU) is seeking a Manager, Global Key Accounts to focus on the Electronic Manufacturing Services Industry, their associated Brand End-Users and the key accounts that help define the market, including major suppliers to the market (machine builders, system integrators, and consultants). Product sales focus is Mitsubishi Electric Automation’s line of automation products (PLC, HMI, Servo, VFD, Robot) that support the Electronic Manufacturing industries. Develop target accounts to be a significant contributor to MEAU growth in the defined markets.
California Location: National Travel within US, Canada and Mexico
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop strategy for defined industry; penetrate targeted industry accounts, as well as major projects for corporate specification opportunities.
- Initiate sales activity with top level management at target industry accounts and coordinate cross functional teams.
- Become subject matter expert (SME) for selected industries. Support Business Development teams as SME, as needed.
Drive specification of MEAU’s Automation Solutions from top down.
Discover and validate key differentiators within target industry accounts.
Create discovery agreement and secure commitment.
Understand target market product trends and specifications and communicate requirements to Product and Solutions Marketing groups.
Recommend focused marketing activities for the target industry and accounts.
Work with both End Users and original equipment manufacturers (OEM’s), to coordinate application of MEAU products.
Manage partnerships with internal resources at MEAU to accomplish objectives. Leverage globalization.
Provide global coordination of GKAM Accounts, if applicable.
Coordinate third party relationships as needed (Oracle, Cognex, Sick, Balluff).
Represent MEAU at important industry events and participate in industry specification activities.
Represent all MEAU products to target industry companies.
Create data, budgets and reports to support business, i.e.:
- Monthly report on sales/marketing activity.
- Quarterly report on industry trends, competition and activities.
- Perform other job functions as assigned.
- 50%+ travel within North America (U.S., Canada and Mexico)
- Primary targeted market geography (not limited to), Northern California
Essential Education, Skills and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering – Mechanical, Electrical, Automation, Manufacturing – or equivalent experience
8+ years’ experience in the defined market with in-depth knowledge of industry requirements and applications within the Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS) or the Original Design Manufacturers (ODM), or at the Brand Label End-User.
5+ years’ experience selling automation solutions to senior-level contacts at national accounts in the defined market
Minimum of 5-8 years Application Solution Sales, and/or Strategic Sales and Marketing Experience at Fortune 1000 End User, and OEM customers
Significant network of contacts and ability to network in the defined market.
Demonstrated ability in industry marketing planning and execution
Excellent interpersonal skills and “presence” to deal effectively with senior-level contacts
Excellent communication skills, including presentation skills
Sales experience with some or all of the following:
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Human Machine Interface
- Motion Control (servo) and CNCs
- Variable Frequency Drives
- Complimentary products/solutions
- Ability to learn MEAU products and recommend technical applications to meet customer needs.
- Computer proficiency – Microsoft Office
Beneficial Education, Skills and Experience:
- MBA desirable
- Sales Management experience a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer a business casual environment with an excellent benefits and compensation package including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
For more information about our Company, please visit us at www.meau.com
- Subscribe to receive job alerts for open positions
- Keep your profile up to date to quickly apply
- Upload your resume to send to employers