FEATURED ARTICLESin Automatic Identification
Reducing Production Time With Smart Devices
By Amanda Eason, Rockwell Automation
In industry, there’s always a growing need to find ways to increase throughput without increasing...
The role of RFID in the smart factory
Control Engineering Europe
The ‘smart factory’, which industry experts say will be upon us within the next two decades, will see machines, raw...
Image-Based ID Reader Reads Codes on Printing Plates
A Cognex DataMan 300 is able to read IDs on process-free printing plates at NELA, replacing other scanners that could not see the virtually...
Ensuring reliable identification
Control Engineering Europe
By Ingo Hecker, Siemens Process Automation.
Having the ability to track and trace products throughout the entire...
NEWSin Automatic Identification
- Microscan partners with Lakewood Automation to demonstrate MicroHAWK capabilities at Advanced Design and Manufacturing Expo
- Aegis Software and ViTrox announce mutual machine programming interface
- Ersa and Easy Logix announce partnership to simplify selective soldering systems
- Cognex announces acquisition of Webscan
- Honeywell and Intel collaborate to develop IoT solutions for the retail industry
- Microscan announces free machine vision training course
- Microscan to demonstrate MicroHAWK machine vision solution at The Assembly Show
- Balluff partners with InformaTrac to combine RFID and asset management solutions
- Microscan to host 3-day machine vision training course
- ams to divest NFC and RFID reader IP and technologies to STMicroelectronics
- Turck announces partnership with U Grok It
- PcVue adds Auto-ID tracking to SCADA software
PRODUCT NEWSin Automatic Identification
RAVN Systems introduces GDPR automatic identification robot
The GDPR Robot uses AI techniques to automatically identify documents and other types of data in any business system which is subject to GDPR...
Microscan announces MicroHAWK UHD imagers
The MicroHAWK UHD imagers and smart cameras are able to decode very small and difficult-to-read barcodes, including Data Matrix two-dimensional...
e-con Systems introduces See3CAM_30 USB 3.0 camera
The See3CAM_30 is designed for security/surveillance applications, industrial cameras and barcode scanning applications.
MEDIAin Automatic Identification
RESOURCESin Automatic Identification
The barcode generator is a free online tool enabling users to create, save, and email custom barcodes. 28 different barcode types, from linear to...
By Thomas McAvinew and Raymond Mulley
Ideal for engineers, managers, sales people, technicians, and students, this book will improve and...
To meet the growing demand for mobile barcode reader apps in the US market, Progea has developed a new feature for the Movicon 11 Web Client App....
WHITE PAPERSin Automatic Identification
By Leuze electronic
This whitepaper discusses the fundamentals of barcode reading. Automated processes have made barcode reading more efficient...
Labeling is frequently considered a background process that doesn’t get any attention until it causes a problem. As a result, bar...
By Adam Steele
Describes the potential applications of radio-frequency identification (RFID) in industry. An in-depth analysis of the technology,...
CASE STUDIESin Automatic Identification
The challenge for the integrator that designed and installed the automation system was to find an ID reader that could deliver near 100% read...
Kia Motors deployed DataMan barcode readers from Cognex and achieved 99% read rates. DataMan barcode readers are optimized with patented algorithms...
Exide had difficulties in reading 2D data matrix codes burned into plastic with a laser burner. The problem was solved by switching to image-based...
EVENTSin Automatic Identification
Automate showcases the full spectrum of automation technologies and solutions. From traditional industrial applications to cutting edge new technologies, you'll find ways to automate every process in your company.
HANNOVER MESSE covers a wider range of themes and exhibits than any other event – R&D, industrial automation and IT, industrial supply, production engineering and services, as well as energy and environmental technology.