FEATURED ARTICLESin Power & Energy
Endress+Hauser's Open Integration Program Aims to Boost Multi-Vendor System Interoperability
By Bill Lydon, Editor, Automation.com
In today’s industrial world, one of the the most annoying hindrances to effective system integration is...
War of the Currents: AC/DC Power & Direct Current in the Data Center
By Darren Halford, EU Automation
George Westinghouse and Thomas Edison, arguably two of the brightest minds in science, engaged in a decade-long...
HANNOVER MESSE abuzz with Industry 4.0 and partner country USA
With its keynote theme of “Integrated Industry – Discover Solutions” and the USA as its official Partner Country, the 2016 edition of the...
Honeywell acquisition of Elster & IIoT Strategy
By Bill Lydon, Editor
In January, Honeywell completed the acquisition of Elster for $5.1 billion. Elster is a leading provider of gas, water, and...
NEWSin Power & Energy
- Schneider Electric partners with Microsoft to enable open IoT application development
- Hydrogen + Fuel Cells NORTH AMERICA event to debut at SOLARPOWER International in Las Vegas
- ABB announces acquisition of B&R Automation
- OSI to provide SCADA system for Michigan utility company
- Open Systems International (OSI) announces strategic partnership with DC Systems
- Tripwire Study: IT security professionals expect an increase in IIoT cybersecurity attacks
- ABB announces launch of ABB Ability portfolio of digital solutions
- Schneider Electric partners with ENGIE to digitize energy sector
- Veracity announces participation in cybersecurity effort for US Department of Energy
- Elipse provides remote monitoring for Vietnamese electric company
- Tacoma Public Utilities chooses OSI to supply Energy Management System
- OSI's Enhanced Situational Awareness system chosen by Canadian power company to improve efficiency
PRODUCT NEWSin Power & Energy
Power Sources Unlimited introduces TRH150A Series of enhanced green desktop adapters
The TRH150A Series features a universal input voltage range of 90~264VAC and are available in single output voltages of 12, 15, 18, 19, 24, 28, 36...
Transduction introduces TR-5196F industrial fanless computer
TR-5196F has been designed to meet long term demand of an industrial computer for power utility sub-stations, industrial automation, military and...
Siemens introduces 4th generation of Logo!Power power supply devices
This series of devices now comes with a narrower width reduced by 18 millimeters, allowing more flexible mounting, for instance on DIN rails in...
MEDIAin Power & Energy
RESOURCESin Power & Energy
This eBook presents CIMdata's perspective on the use of open standards, notably ISO 15926, to improve interoperability, and the application of...
MicroPower Direct's free power conversion glossary contains 19 pages and 800 definitions of terms associated with a range of power technologies and...
The purpose of this paper is to provide guidance to engineers regarding the National Electrical Code (NEC) requirements for selective coordination.
WHITE PAPERSin Power & Energy
By Dr. Qin Wang, PULS
This whitepaper is an assessment of the safety situation with AC and DC power supplies and what organizations can do to...
By Bernhard Erdl, PULS
This article should help users determine the accurate efficiency and thus the power losses of a power supply
Inaccurate measurements and process oversights can result in imperfect product, decreased output, non-compliance with industry...
CASE STUDIESin Power & Energy
NGCP is responsible for delivering safe and reliable power to customers in the Philippines over more than 21,000 circuit kilometers of transmission...
For more than a decade, the company’s 305,000-square-foot production facility in Hammond, Wisconsin, had been experiencing voltage sags several...
Advanticsys wireless solution supporting M-Bus and Modbus RTU / TCP was chosen by the School and Cardiff Council due to the non-intrusive nature of...