Kepware releases KEPServerEX Version 6 software
January 27, 2017- Kepware Technologies announced the release of KEPServerEX Version 6 software. A major release of the flagship industrial connectivity platform, Version 6 strengthens Kepware's core product offering for global corporations requiring increased operational scalability, security, and support.
Enhancements include a new method for remote configuration, additional languages that support critical industrial automation markets, and significant updates to the user interface and licensing experience.
KEPServerEX Version 6 features enhancements to the core server functionality and user experience that deliver an IoT-friendly industrial connectivity platform, including:
- The REST-based API enables off-site users to remotely apply programmatic changes to the configuration via third-party client applications. Now customers can configure multiple KEPServerEX instances from their enterprise software, enabling improved security and collaboration between Operations and IT.
- Core features and top-tier drivers have been localized to improve the accessibility, productivity, and safety of KEPServerEX for local customers in Japan and Germany as well as global multinationals.
- Native development of core OPC UA technology provides improved performance, enhanced diagnostics, and a solid foundation for continued OPC UA functionality enhancements.
- Updates to KEPServerEX, the License Utility, and My Kepware improve the user experience and simplify license management—providing customers with more streamlined tools to deploy, manage, and update their servers.
- An enhanced user interface streamlines project setup and deployment, enabling more effective and efficient interactions with KEPServerEX. The updates also promote a safe user experience.
- Now included as a complimentary core server component, the Security Policies advanced plug-in complements an industrial defense-in-depth strategy by enabling customers to assign security access permissions on individual objects based on user role.
KEPServerEX is an industrial connectivity platform that leverages OPC and IT-centric communication protocols to provide a single source of industrial automation data to enterprise applications. The platform offers a library of more than 150 device drivers, client drivers, and advanced plug-ins—enabling connectivity to thousands of devices and other data sources.
@Kepware Technologies is a software development business of PTC Inc., headquartered in Portland, Maine. Kepware provides a portfolio of software solutions to help businesses connect diverse automation devices and software applications and enable the Industrial Internet of Things.
TT Electronics releases ULWP2R range of fusible wirewound resistors
Supplied in tape and reel packaging, ULWP2R range is designed for minimal footprint designs that require flameproof components for automated...
Falcon Electric introduces SC series tower models of uninterruptible power supplies (UPS)
Falcon’s SC UPS models incorporate several important features including advanced digital signal processors (DSPs), surface mount device (SMD)...
Fluke introduces 5128A RHapid-Cal Humidity Generator
The 5128A is designed for corporate and independent calibration labs where humidity measurement is critical to prevent spoilage of products,...
Turck introduces IO-Link capable Uprox3 sensors
Turck is initially offering four variants of Uprox3 IO-Link: an M12, M18 and M30 barrel style, all in a chrome brass housing, as well as...
Kaspersky Lab announces Kaspersky Industrial Cybersecurity for Energy security package
Kaspersky Industrial CyberSecurity (KICS) for Energy is dedicated to helping energy companies secure every layer of their industrial...
ISA to hold pharmaceutical-focused meeting on industrial cyberattack protection
The meeting event, “Pharmaceutical Cybersecurity Convocation: A Critical Executive Dialogue,” will be held at the Sheraton Framingham Hotel &...
Rockwell Automation to focus on digital transformation and Industrial IoT at Hannover Messe 2017
Rockwell Automation will be showcasing the technologies, solutions and services that can help companies successfully and securely take advantage of...
FieldComm Group seeks nominees for 2017 Plant of the Year Award
The FieldComm Group Plant of the Year is an international award presented to end user companies in the process automation industry to recognize the...
Konrad and three NI Alliance partners join to develop autonomous vehicle test solutions
The companies are leveraging their expertise in the field of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), sensor fusion, Hardware in the Loop (HiL),...
ABB chooses Omnify PLM software to enhance design processes
ABB Drives and Controls was lacking a component information management system with a centralized database for their Printed Circuit Board Assembly...