FEATURED ARTICLESin DCS & Batch Controllers
The Rise of Cloud Computing in Industrial Process Automation
By Latha D.S. & K. Jayaprakash, Tata Consulting Engineers
This article provides a brief cloud technology overview and discusses how cloud...
The Lion’s Share of IoT Communication: Making legacy systems IoT compatible
By Adrian Swindells, Director, Distec
The rise of the internet of things (IoT) has driven a need for cross-compatible equipment. This article...
Empowering the Workforce to Control the Future of Automation
By Peter Martin, Schneider Electric Process Automation
Connected products are expected to approach 30 billion by 2020, with utilities,...
Inside Turck’s Industrial Control Edge Devices - Embedded PLC & ARGEE Logic Engines
By Bill Lydon, Editor, Automation.com
Keeping consistent with Internet of Things and Industry 4.0 concepts and architectures, Turck has embedded...
NEWSin DCS & Batch Controllers
- ABB partners with Statoil to provide safety and automation systems for Norwegian oil field
- APC earns patents for Rate-Predictive Control (RPC) and Model-less Multivariable Control (XMC)
- Emerson to help EPH Lynemouth Power automate biomass-fueled power plant
- Yokogawa to deliver control systems for Layyah Power and Desalinization Station in UAE
- ISA announces Call for Abstracts for 2017 Water/Wastewater and Automatic Controls Symposium
- Bitflow shares 5 technology trends likely to affect machine vision in 2017
- Opto 22 announces joining of Dell IoT Solutions Partner Program
- Elite Control Systems announces support contract with ScottishPower Renewables
- ExxonMobil chooses Wood Group to automate polyethylene plant
- 2016 ISA Water/Wastewater & Automatic Controls event draws 165 global attendees
- ABB announces 2nd edition of Single Loop Control Methods
- Global Process Automation announces joining of Rockwell System Integrator Program
PRODUCT NEWSin DCS & Batch Controllers
Control Technology announces Incentive software suite for automated processes
Incentive provides a solution for PC-based control of automated industrial processes, whether for standalone equipment or plant-wide control...
Red Lion adds Ramp Soak capability and FlexCard plug-in options for PAX2C PID controllers
Red Lion’s PAX2C PID controllers offer PID control options for process and temperature applications that require local control across automation...
Thermon introduces TraceNet TCM2 Dual Circuit Control & Monitoring Unit
Like the 18-circuit TraceNet TCM18 Control & Monitoring Unit, the TCM2 unit makes it possible to remotely maintain heat trace circuits that play a...
MEDIAin DCS & Batch Controllers
RESOURCESin DCS & Batch Controllers
Training workshops will be delivered in collaboration with the company’s Solution Partners and Product Distributors, and they will emphasize...
Compatible with both Android and iOS operating systems, the myControl user interface provides individual personal control for occupants through...
The latest version expands plant operators’ ability to monitor and control safe production through direct object linking
WHITE PAPERSin DCS & Batch Controllers
With the current emphasis in the oil and gas industry on unmanned, remotely operated sites, often utilising renewable energy sources in...
By RKNeal, Inc.
The purpose of this whitepaper is to present a novel cybersecurity framework for deploying and managing cyberthreat management...
Modifications in IEC 61508 regulations mean that industrial automation system designers and users must give new consideration to topics such as SIL...
CASE STUDIESin DCS & Batch Controllers
Honeywell UOP will supply a range of technologies in the form of license, design, key equipment, and state-of-the-art catalysts and adsorbents,...
The system will ensure safe operations of compressor stations along the entire length of the pipeline. The Southern Gas Corridor is a critical part...
In order to reduce nonconforming batches, improve quality and meet customer expectations, Whitmore decided to automate its lubricant making process...
EVENTSin DCS & Batch Controllers
HANNOVER MESSE covers a wider range of themes and exhibits than any other event – R&D, industrial automation and IT, industrial supply, production engineering and services, as well as energy and environmental technology.
TRAININGin DCS & Batch Controllers
The course will cover fundamentals of process variable measurements; process control loops and tuning with process control exercises. Programmable Logic Controls (PLC), Distributed Control Systems (DCS), and final control elements will be presented and discussed. The course is directed towards engineers, technicians, I&C team leaders, sales personnel, and other technical/automation...