FEATURED ARTICLESin Valves & Pumps
Improving Worker Safety with Automatic Tank Gauging
By Christoffer Widahl, Emerson Automation Solutions
Manual tank gauging at oil and gas extraction sites is a dangerous and potentially fatal...
Effective Leak Testing: Are you testing the part or the seal?
By Robert Plumridge, Sciemetric Instruments
Based on Scimetric's experience with customers in industries such as automotive, off-highway and...
How Smart Instruments Enable Improved Pumping
By Nathan Hedrick, Endress+Hauser
Several instrument manufacturers offer various types of “smart instruments,” and their approaches vary. This...
Are You Paying Too Much Tax for your Gas Flaring?
By Lana Ginns, Fluenta
With tighter emission regulations, and increased taxation soon to follow, enhanced density monitoring (EDM) can become a...
NEWSin Valves & Pumps
- ABB partners with Statoil to provide safety and automation systems for Norwegian oil field
- AME Corporation announces rebrand as Panova
- Galland Hedding Nopak announces Brian Sternberg as president; Sudarashan Sharma as chief engineer
- Victrex announces acquisition of minority interest in Magma Global
- Phoenix Contact and Flowserve join Endress+Hauser's Open Integration Partner Program
- SICK to partner with AutoCoding Systems at Pack Expo to discuss food safety
- Honeywell and Flowserve announce collaboration on Honeywell's INspireT IIoT program
- Siemens to highlight IIoT applications at SPS IPC Drives 2016
- ISA and Beamex join to host flowmeter calibration webinar
- Nordson to introduce 3 new process solutions at The Assembly Show
- ValvTechnologies announces Herman Bernard as Director of Manufacturing
- ValvTechnologies, Inc. names Bryant Holt as Industry Director of Fossil Power
PRODUCT NEWSin Valves & Pumps
Mass Flow ONLINE releases MV-108 flow meter & MV-308 flow regulator
Both models have 4 pre-installed ranges (100%, 40%, 20% and 10% of maximum FS range) selectable, using a 4-way navigation button. The user can...
Spirax Sarco releases EP500 electropneumatic valve positioner
The EP500 has a cast aluminum enclosure that is suitable for outdoor installations. It utilizes force-balance control technology and can be...
igus releases xiros 67 and 68 thin ring bearings
The xiros 67 and 68 thin ring bearings are suitable for temperatures ranging from -40º - 176º F, and are available in two materials (xirodur B180...
MEDIAin Valves & Pumps
RESOURCESin Valves & Pumps
The purpose of the Quick Start Guide is to familiarize the user with the configuration and implementation of the DTS Logging System.
This book deals with the past, present, and future of flow, sensors, and measurement. It is called The Tao of Measurement because, like the Tao...
By David W. Spitzer
The industry’s most authoritative handbook on flow measurement provides a road map to the field of flow measurement. This...
WHITE PAPERSin Valves & Pumps
Installing a direct mass device in the process control loop offers a number of advantages. It allows the operator to achieve a direct ratio of...
In principle, filling is a dosing process, only much faster. Product that has been produced in one batch, is now filled in multiple...
This White Paper discusses the challenges, options and solutions for process manufacturers when packaging products for consumers and/or...
CASE STUDIESin Valves & Pumps
Opened in 2014, the 2.1 kilometre bridge also carries two 400 mm diameter district heating pipelines which are now protected by an emergency...
FLOWCAL Enterprise and TESTit are used to track and manage ALNG’s gas delivery on their extensive pipeline network of over 500km from offshore...
The system will ensure safe operations of compressor stations along the entire length of the pipeline. The Southern Gas Corridor is a critical part...
EVENTSin Valves & Pumps
ABB Automation & Power World (APW) brings together professionals from utilities, industries and infrastructure for a premier educational and collaboration event in North America.
HANNOVER MESSE covers a wider range of themes and exhibits than any other event – R&D, industrial automation and IT, industrial supply, production engineering and services, as well as energy and environmental technology.