FEATURED ARTICLESin Valves & Pumps
Improving Worker Safety with Automatic Tank Gauging
By Christoffer Widahl, Emerson Automation Solutions
Manual tank gauging at oil and gas extraction sites is a dangerous and potentially fatal...
Effective Leak Testing: Are you testing the part or the seal?
By Robert Plumridge, Sciemetric Instruments
Based on Scimetric's experience with customers in industries such as automotive, off-highway and...
How Smart Instruments Enable Improved Pumping
By Nathan Hedrick, Endress+Hauser
Several instrument manufacturers offer various types of “smart instruments,” and their approaches vary. This...
Are You Paying Too Much Tax for your Gas Flaring?
By Lana Ginns, Fluenta
With tighter emission regulations, and increased taxation soon to follow, enhanced density monitoring (EDM) can become a...
NEWSin Valves & Pumps
- Festo to showcase Industry 4.0 manufacturing advancements at Manufacturing in America
- ABB partners with Statoil to provide safety and automation systems for Norwegian oil field
- AME Corporation announces rebrand as Panova
- Galland Hedding Nopak announces Brian Sternberg as president; Sudarashan Sharma as chief engineer
- Victrex announces acquisition of minority interest in Magma Global
- Phoenix Contact and Flowserve join Endress+Hauser's Open Integration Partner Program
- SICK to partner with AutoCoding Systems at Pack Expo to discuss food safety
- Honeywell and Flowserve announce collaboration on Honeywell's INspireT IIoT program
- Siemens to highlight IIoT applications at SPS IPC Drives 2016
- ISA and Beamex join to host flowmeter calibration webinar
- Nordson to introduce 3 new process solutions at The Assembly Show
- ValvTechnologies announces Herman Bernard as Director of Manufacturing
PRODUCT NEWSin Valves & Pumps
Festo introduces family of sanitary valves for pharma and biotech industries
The automated valve solutions feature the company’s VZBE ball valves, VZXA angle seat valves, VZQA pinch valves, DFPD quarter-turn actuators,...
EXAIR introduces Model 1004SS M4 NPT Back Blow Air Nozzle
This nozzle prevents blowing chips further into a part, tube or pipe and eliminates any safety hazard created by blowing debris out the far end of...
Asahi/America introduces the Omni Type-27 ball valve
Asahi/America’s Omni Type-27 ball valve is available with socket or threaded end connections in 3/8” through 2”. Available body materials are...
MEDIAin Valves & Pumps
RESOURCESin Valves & Pumps
The book explores the complex requirements for effective leak detection of petroleum pipelines and improved pipeline safety.
The Valve Technical Handbook provides a resource for customers seeking detailed valve information. Over 20 manual valves and 22 actuated valves in...
The purpose of the Quick Start Guide is to familiarize the user with the configuration and implementation of the DTS Logging System.
WHITE PAPERSin Valves & Pumps
By Dave Grumney, FLO-CORP
Plant operators rely on plant air pressures to maintain properly working equipment and systems. This article discusses...
Installing a direct mass device in the process control loop offers a number of advantages. It allows the operator to achieve a direct ratio of...
In principle, filling is a dosing process, only much faster. Product that has been produced in one batch, is now filled in multiple...
CASE STUDIESin Valves & Pumps
Opened in 2014, the 2.1 kilometre bridge also carries two 400 mm diameter district heating pipelines which are now protected by an emergency...
FLOWCAL Enterprise and TESTit are used to track and manage ALNG’s gas delivery on their extensive pipeline network of over 500km from offshore...
The system will ensure safe operations of compressor stations along the entire length of the pipeline. The Southern Gas Corridor is a critical part...
EVENTSin Valves & Pumps
HANNOVER MESSE covers a wider range of themes and exhibits than any other event – R&D, industrial automation and IT, industrial supply, production engineering and services, as well as energy and environmental technology.