FEATURED ARTICLESin Process Instruments, Field Devices & IO
Collaborative Communication Achieves Faster, Better Automation
By Travis Schneider, Parker Hannifin
To increase the chances for success in these collaborations, clear ongoing communication between the motion...
Solving the 7 Most Common Tank Gauging Problems to Improve Safety
By Ulf Johannesson, Emerson
Many terminals and tank farms struggle with tank gauging because they use outdated equipment. However, modern tank...
Compliance of the Victim: ARC Industry Forum Highlights an Industry in Transition
By Bill Lydon, Editor, Automation.com
There is an common adage that has survived the ages: If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of...
ARC Forum Wrap Up: Finding the Balance Between Connectivity and Security
By Cory Fogg, Automation.com
The February 6-9 event provided an atmosphere buzzing over the potential that the Industrial Internet of Things...
NEWSin Process Instruments, Field Devices & IO
- Opto 22 announces joining of EdgeX Foundry open-source project
- Hydrogen + Fuel Cells NORTH AMERICA event to debut at SOLARPOWER International in Las Vegas
- Honeywell announces expansion of Russian natural gas plant
- ISA announces publication of Driving Business Value in Industrial Innovation: Disciplined Agility for Manufacturing Automation
- Wood Group announces $8M automation contract with TPC Group
- PAS announces $40 million investment to fuel cybersecurity efforts
- Honeywell announces APAC Channel Partner of the Year award winners
- Emerson donates Reservoir Characterization Software to two Indian universities
- Endress + Hauser submits all-time high 273 patents in 2016
- Aventics announces acquisition of Vector Horizon Technology
- UiPath announces opening of Japanese subsidiary
- Elite Control Systems announces agreement to provide remote process control for Azerbaijani oil field
PRODUCT NEWSin Process Instruments, Field Devices & IO
SMAC introduces LCA6 linear moving coil motor
The LCA6 is designed for electronic pick-and-place, biomedical dispensing, and QC measurement.
Festo releases EXCM-30 and EXCM-40 models of planar gantries
The Festo EXCM family of planar gantries are designed to gain expanded workspaces and higher load capacities, but are still ideally used for...
Endress + Hauser announces Heartbeat Technology for Micropilot FMR5X and FMP5X Levelflex families...
Heartbeat Technology is an on-board diagnostics and instrument verification system that continuously monitors the status of mechanical,...
MEDIAin Process Instruments, Field Devices & IO
RESOURCESin Process Instruments, Field Devices & IO
RPA Express lets customers automate the manual work of integrating Citrix, Oracle, SAP and other vital core systems by eliminating the “swivel...
The video shows how Okuma distributor Gosiger went into the control and created a GUI interface so the Moser operators don’t even see the OSP...
Part of the Honeywell Connected Plant intiative, UniSim eLearn is hosted in the cloud and revolutionizes access to operator training simulation...
WHITE PAPERSin Process Instruments, Field Devices & IO
By CAS Dataloggers
This White Paper from CAS DataLoggers addresses four measurement accuracy issues in the order of most to least common.
With the current emphasis in the oil and gas industry on unmanned, remotely operated sites, often utilising renewable energy sources in...
By Dave Grumney, FLO-CORP
Plant operators rely on plant air pressures to maintain properly working equipment and systems. This article discusses...
CASE STUDIESin Process Instruments, Field Devices & IO
The project’s Honeywell solutions will include licensing, basic engineering design and other associated services for a modular Penex...
Honeywell’s solution is designed to improve safety, efficiency and productivity through control, optimization and monitoring of product blending,...
VEGA Americas and SignalFire Wireless Telemetry have teamed up to couple VEGAPULS69 radar level instruments with a SignalFire Remote Sensing System...
EVENTSin Process Instruments, Field Devices & IO
HANNOVER MESSE covers a wider range of themes and exhibits than any other event – R&D, industrial automation and IT, industrial supply, production engineering and services, as well as energy and environmental technology.