FEATURED ARTICLESin Process Safety
How Laser Scanner Technology is Improving Workplace Safety
By Don Pham, IDEC
New laser scanner technology allows plant personnel to address safety challenges with more comprehensive coverage zones and...
The Cost of Functional Safety for Food Processing
By Jorgen Saxeryd, ABB
In 2014 in the UK, a large food manufacturer had to pay a £800,000 fine after a serious industrial accident. This article...
Solving the 7 Most Common Tank Gauging Problems to Improve Safety
By Ulf Johannesson, Emerson
Many terminals and tank farms struggle with tank gauging because they use outdated equipment. However, modern tank...
ARC Forum Wrap Up: Finding the Balance Between Connectivity and Security
By Cory Fogg, Automation.com
The February 6-9 event provided an atmosphere buzzing over the potential that the Industrial Internet of Things...
NEWSin Process Safety
- Yokogawa to contribute control systems to Kuwaiti reverse osmosis plant
- PAS announces $40 million investment to fuel cybersecurity efforts
- Beamex partners with GE Digital's Meridium to advance calibration solutions
- Moore Industries wins 2017 Engineers' Choice Award for Process Safety
- Rotork actuators deliver automated safety solution for Mauritius airport
- VDW works to revise machine tool safety standards
- ISA Director: Oil & Gas facilities must take action now to protect against cyberattack
- HIMA announces framework agreement with Pepperl+Fuchs
- Honeywell and Seeq announce collaboration on Honeywell Connected Plant initiative
- Endress + Hauser installs $1M pressure test rig at Indiana facility
- OSIsoft and TrendMiner announce Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) agreement
- ABB partners with Statoil to provide safety and automation systems for Norwegian oil field
PRODUCT NEWSin Process Safety
Yokogawa announces R4.03.00 of ProSafe-RS safety instrumented systems
This latest release, R4.03.00, includes an improved engineering function for configuring fire and gas systems (FGS) and operation faceplates for...
HARTING introduces Han HP Direct housing series
The Han HP Direct housing series is mainly intended for the Machinery & Robotics and Energy areas, but can also be used in other applications.
KEB America announces version 8.0 of COMBIVIS Connect software
COMBIVIS Connect is KEB’s remote access software solution for PLCs and HMIs. Using the software to connect to a remote or distributed...
MEDIAin Process Safety
RESOURCESin Process Safety
Part of the Honeywell Connected Plant intiative, UniSim eLearn is hosted in the cloud and revolutionizes access to operator training simulation...
The tool is at users' fingertips on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, and it allows the user to choose from a variety of engineering units (like...
The book explores the complex requirements for effective leak detection of petroleum pipelines and improved pipeline safety.
WHITE PAPERSin Process Safety
By Wil Chin and Rick Frauton, United Electric Controls
While there remains considerable variation in the quality of the sub-system infrastructure,...
By Dr. Qin Wang, PULS
This whitepaper is an assessment of the safety situation with AC and DC power supplies and what organizations can do to...
Pressure is mounting on the global oil and gas industry to reduce its environmental footprint while, at the same time, the industry is...
CASE STUDIESin Process Safety
The project’s Honeywell solutions will include licensing, basic engineering design and other associated services for a modular Penex...
Opened in 2014, the 2.1 kilometre bridge also carries two 400 mm diameter district heating pipelines which are now protected by an emergency...
Six months after implementing Leading2Lean’s CloudDISPATCH system, however, Lakeview Farms experienced a 34 percent decrease in line downtime, a...
EVENTSin Process Safety
HANNOVER MESSE covers a wider range of themes and exhibits than any other event – R&D, industrial automation and IT, industrial supply, production engineering and services, as well as energy and environmental technology.