FEATURED ARTICLESin Process Safety
Solving the 7 Most Common Tank Gauging Problems to Improve Safety
By Ulf Johannesson, Emerson
Many terminals and tank farms struggle with tank gauging because they use outdated equipment. However, modern tank...
ARC Forum Wrap Up: Finding the Balance Between Connectivity and Security
By Cory Fogg, Automation.com
The February 6-9 event provided an atmosphere buzzing over the potential that the Industrial Internet of Things...
What Does a Good Machine Sound Like? A look at 3DSignals’ Predictive Maintenance Efforts
By Bill Lydon, Editor, Automation.com
You know that feeling when you walk past a machine, and something just doesn’t quite sound right? This...
Improving Worker Safety with Automatic Tank Gauging
By Christoffer Widahl, Emerson Automation Solutions
Manual tank gauging at oil and gas extraction sites is a dangerous and potentially fatal...
NEWSin Process Safety
- Beamex partners with GE Digital's Meridium to advance calibration solutions
- Moore Industries wins 2017 Engineers' Choice Award for Process Safety
- Rotork actuators deliver automated safety solution for Mauritius airport
- VDW works to revise machine tool safety standards
- ISA Director: Oil & Gas facilities must take action now to protect against cyberattack
- HIMA announces framework agreement with Pepperl+Fuchs
- Honeywell and Seeq announce collaboration on Honeywell Connected Plant initiative
- Endress + Hauser installs $1M pressure test rig at Indiana facility
- OSIsoft and TrendMiner announce Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) agreement
- ABB partners with Statoil to provide safety and automation systems for Norwegian oil field
- OSI selected by Alba to implement updated SCADA system
- Emerson to help EPH Lynemouth Power automate biomass-fueled power plant
PRODUCT NEWSin Process Safety
Nozomi Networks announces SCADAguardian v. 17.0
A solution for cybersecurity risk detection is now a solution to support both operational visibility and ICS cybersecurity with new modules for...
ABB releases Select I/O addition for ABB Ability System 800xA
Select I/O allows users to install standardized cabinets with the bases for field wiring early during a project, then select the type of I/O much...
Artila releases RIO-2020BM computing platform
The RIO-2010BM is a computing platform designed for device networking and remote monitoring. It also provides alarm setting and local logic to...
MEDIAin Process Safety
RESOURCESin Process Safety
The tool is at users' fingertips on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, and it allows the user to choose from a variety of engineering units (like...
The book explores the complex requirements for effective leak detection of petroleum pipelines and improved pipeline safety.
The Fluke Motor and Drive Troubleshooting Course delivers critical knowledge so maintenance professionals can gain the practical diagnostic skills...
WHITE PAPERSin Process Safety
By Wil Chin and Rick Frauton, United Electric Controls
While there remains considerable variation in the quality of the sub-system infrastructure,...
By Dr. Qin Wang, PULS
This whitepaper is an assessment of the safety situation with AC and DC power supplies and what organizations can do to...
Pressure is mounting on the global oil and gas industry to reduce its environmental footprint while, at the same time, the industry is...
CASE STUDIESin Process Safety
Opened in 2014, the 2.1 kilometre bridge also carries two 400 mm diameter district heating pipelines which are now protected by an emergency...
Six months after implementing Leading2Lean’s CloudDISPATCH system, however, Lakeview Farms experienced a 34 percent decrease in line downtime, a...
In the past year Cypress Ridge sought Exele's help to convert their hardwired TAPI-based telephone alarm notification system to use Voice-Over-IP...
EVENTSin Process Safety
HANNOVER MESSE covers a wider range of themes and exhibits than any other event – R&D, industrial automation and IT, industrial supply, production engineering and services, as well as energy and environmental technology.