Ominfy releases Empower PLM version 7.0
December 12, 2016 – Omnify Software, a provider of web-based Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software for discrete manufacturers, announced the availability of its Empower PLM product, version 7.0. Version 7.0 was re-designed on a new technology platform offering an enhanced User Experience (UX) with a modern interface and navigation.
The Omnify Empower PLM solution provides a central location to electronically manage parts, Bill of Materials (BOMs), Engineering Changes/ECOs, Documents, Projects, Quality/CAPAs, and Training Records. Version 7.0 offers all of the functionality of the existing system with many enhancements.
Key Omnify Empower 7.0 product updates include:
- User Experience: Empower 7.0 leverages browser technology to provide users with an enhanced experience by delivering an updated look and feel, improved navigation, independent scrolling slide-out panels, and extended User Interface (UI) options.
- Security Features: Omnify Empower offers both on-premises and hosted deployment options. New security features have been added for both our On-Premises and Hosted/SaaS customers, including an improved password framework with new retrieval options and an extended authentication platform that supports more Single Sign-On (SSO) methods and providers (LDAP, OAuth, SAML, etc.).
- Design Upload Wizard: CADKit, Empower’s design integration tool, includes a Design Upload Wizard to help guide engineers when uploading design data from 3rd party tools. The upload utility will automatically recognize any changes and apply the redlines to new or existing Changes/ECOs.
- Silicon Expert Interface: An integration between Silicone Expert and Omnify Empower will supply users with detailed part information when creating corporate parts/part numbers and maintain a direct link to Silicon Expert to deliver the latest component information on those parts within Empower 7.0.
- Technology Platform: Empower 7.0 is built on a REST (Representational State Transfer) services platform to enhance the integration framework for 3rd Party systems with additional functionality, improved performance, and to simplify future integrations.
Hardy Process Solutions introduces Hardy Dynamic Checkweigher
The Hardy Dynamic Checkweigher is a fully automated system designed to weigh items automatically in-motion. The Checkweigher controller can...
Nozomi Networks announces SCADAguardian v. 17.0
A solution for cybersecurity risk detection is now a solution to support both operational visibility and ICS cybersecurity with new modules for...
Mitsubishi Electric Automation introduces MTConnect adapter for shop floor monitoring
The MTConnect adapter combined with a third-party client software interface gives executive management, plant managers and shop floor personnel a...
Advanced Micro Controls releases NR60 series of rotary shaft encoders
The AMCI NR60 networked encoders are 100% compatible with Allen-Bradley, Siemens, and Schneider PLCs that support EtherNet/IP or Modbus TCP/IP.
AAEON announces AAEON UP Core computing board at Embedded World 2017
The AAEON UP Core is a board with 64 bit, 1.92GHz Intel Atom x5 Z8350 Processors (codename Cherry Trail). The on-board GPU is the Intel Gen 8 HD...
ISA and Automation Federation expert Steve Mustard to present at Advanced Design and...
Mustard is featured in an online article—posted by PLASTICSTODAY—that promotes the presentation he will be giving next week at the Advanced...
On Robot to announce expansion into US market at Automate 2017
Officially launching to the North American market at Automate 2017 in April, On Robot’s two-finger RG2 grippers—available in both single and...
Seeq to present with Bristol Myers Squibb and Devon Energy at OSIsoft User Conference
The presentations will speak of the benefits Seeq customers are realizing in the oil & gas, pharmaceutical, chemical, energy, mining, food and...