RTI Introduces RTI Connext for Real-Time SOA
March 8, 2012 - Real-Time Innovations introduced RTI Connext, a family of products designed to connect real-time applications across an enterprise. RTI Connext is an edge-to-enterprise real-time SOA platform; the products provide seamless, enterprise-wide integration to improve efficiency, responsiveness and real-time business intelligence (BI).
RTI Connext directly addresses the high-performance messaging and integration challenges needed by operational systems. Operational technology (OT) describes physical-equipment-oriented technology implemented and supported by engineering organizations, usually independently from IT groups. RTI Connext also connects operational systems with the enterprise data center, thus enabling new business efficiency.
RTI Connext delivers an infrastructure that combines the performance, scalability and reliability needed by operational systems with the integration and flexible-messaging capabilities of IT systems. Because it spans platforms ranging from tiny embedded sensors to full-scale data-center servers, RTI Connext is an edge-to-enterprise real-time SOA platform.
The RTI Connext family of products includes:
● RTI Connext Integrator delivers rapid integration of operational systems with enterprise-wide IT without requiring modification to those systems. Connext Integrator is a service bus, similar to an enterprise service bus (ESB), but designed for the demanding real-time environment. It provides the backbone of a real-time Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
● RTI Connext Messaging provides a universal messaging infrastructure for ultra high-performance and real-time systems, including machine-to-machine (M2M) and human-machine interface (HMI) applications.
● RTI Connext Micro is a small-footprint messaging solution for resource-constrained devices and high-assurance applications.
● RTI Connext DDS is an implementation of the Object Management Group (OMG) Data Distribution Service (DDS) specification, with over 70 percent market share. The proven technology is the foundation of the RTI Connext product family.
“The worlds of IT and operational technology (OT) are converging, and IT leaders must manage their transition to converging, aligning and integrating IT and OT environments, "according to Gartner, Inc. Analysts say the benefits that come from managing IT and OT convergence, alignment and integration include optimized business processes, enhanced information for better decisions, reduced costs, lower risks and shortened project timelines.
RTI is the world leader in delivering fast, scalable, communications software that addresses the challenges of building and integrating real-time operational systems. RTI Connext solutions meet the needs of enterprise-wide integration—from the operational edge to the enterprise data center. The RTI standards-based software infrastructure improves the efficiency of operational systems while facilitating better decisions, actions and outcomes for the business enterprise.
Schneider Electric releases System Platform 2017
This next generation offering includes an interface with improved visualization, smarter navigation and is integrated with the Schneider Electric...
Rohde & Schwarz announces MODBUS protocol detection capabilities for R&S PACE 2 DPI engine
With the new Modbus content and metadata extraction functionality, vendors of security products, such as firewalls or gateways, gain granular...
Fluke announces release of DATAPAQ EasyTrack 3 system
Fluke Process Instruments has equipped the data logger with a polycarbonate casing that withstands harsh treatment and heat up to 100 °C without...
Siemens introduces TIM 1531 IRC communication module
With its TIM 1531 IRC communication module, Siemens is extending its telecontrol product spectrum to include modular RTUs (Remote Terminal Units)...
DFI announces AL171/AL173 Mini-ITX industrial motherboards with Intel Atom E3900 Processor
• Intel® Atom™ Processor E3900 Series
• 2 DDR3L 1867MHz SODIMM up to 16GB
• Three independent displays: (VGA/DP++) +...
Otto Motors helps GE enable lean manufacturing of medical equipment
GE Healthcare has reduced the size of its repair cell stations at the Repair Operations Center by 40%, much of which is due to the integration of...
What Production Data is Necessary to Drive Your Industry 4.0 Agenda?
By Mathew Daniel, Sciemetric Instruments
Data, data and more data. It’s the hot topic in manufacturing today with all the hype and anxiety...
ABB announces partnership with IBM to create industrial artificial intelligence solutions
The first two joint industry solutions powered by ABB Ability and Watson will bring real-time cognitive insights to the factory floor and smart grids.
MTA2017: Digitalized manufacturing technologies at the fore
The 300-exhibitor event provided a platform for companies to conduct business, and tap into the talent and experience from the industry community....
Emerging Efficiencies for Packaging Lines
By Tom Egan, PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies
Robotics, automatic labelers, smart packaging and digital printing...