Transpara Web-enables Visual KPI
June 22, 2011 – Transpara released Visual KPI version 4.0. A web-based software application, Visual KPI provides decision makers with real-time access to critical operations data on any web-enabled device – including iPhone / iPad, Blackberry, Android, Windows Phone, PC, Mac and more. Visual KPI 4.0 breaks away from the limitations of traditional dashboards and scorecards to now provide users with unprecedented flexibility to navigate, monitor and interact with fast moving data.
Visual KPI 4.0 has simplified how users implement and design front-end BI solutions, eliminating the expense and time previously needed for dashboard and scorecard projects. Visual KPI 4.0 allows users to monitor metrics from almost any data source and on any mobile device, without coding or changing mobile security requirements. With its Microsoft Excel-based design environment, Visual KPI can be deployed in less than a day and allows users to rapidly create KPIs, scorecards, trends and alerts in a single web-based experience to enable faster decision making from any location.
Visual KPI 4.0 delivers added power and flexibility in how users organize and model business metrics without sacrificing simplicity. New features include:
- New look – a whole new user experience improved for touch-screen devices and tablets. Clearly defined tabs and graphical representation of information offer enhanced navigation, while allowing customers to accommodate new data types.
- Attribute-driven groups with unlimited levels – Views and scorecards have been collapsed into unlimited “groups” for easy organization of KPIs, alerts and values. Visual KPI 4.0 shows a customer’s entire asset hierarchy (e.g. geographic region, business unit, equipment type) at a glance, no matter how sophisticated.
- Values – pre-defined and ad-hoc monitoring of values (metrics that lack the target behavior and defined limits of a KPI), along with mobile KPIs and trends. This creates simplified operations monitoring for any executive or operational user.
- Links – enhanced context and guidance with links to any URL-addressable system. Links can point to applications (e.g. MES, ERP, CRM) where the users will take action, instructional documents or external data sources for comparisons, all of which make Visual KPI almost infinitely extensible.
- More data sources – Visual KPI connects to almost any data source without creating a new master source to manage. This includes data historians (e.g. OSIsoft PI, Invensys Wonderware), databases, other BI or data warehouse solutions, manufacturing or line-of-business applications (e.g. SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics) and web services.
- Subscription pricing and new versions: Visual KPI 4.0 is now available in Starter, Pro and Enterprise versions. It runs on the customer’s server (on-premise or hosted; physical or virtual machine), and subscription pricing starts at $19 per user per month.
Hardy Process Solutions introduces Hardy Dynamic Checkweigher
The Hardy Dynamic Checkweigher is a fully automated system designed to weigh items automatically in-motion. The Checkweigher controller can...
Nozomi Networks announces SCADAguardian v. 17.0
A solution for cybersecurity risk detection is now a solution to support both operational visibility and ICS cybersecurity with new modules for...
Mitsubishi Electric Automation introduces MTConnect adapter for shop floor monitoring
The MTConnect adapter combined with a third-party client software interface gives executive management, plant managers and shop floor personnel a...
Advanced Micro Controls releases NR60 series of rotary shaft encoders
The AMCI NR60 networked encoders are 100% compatible with Allen-Bradley, Siemens, and Schneider PLCs that support EtherNet/IP or Modbus TCP/IP.
AAEON announces AAEON UP Core computing board at Embedded World 2017
The AAEON UP Core is a board with 64 bit, 1.92GHz Intel Atom x5 Z8350 Processors (codename Cherry Trail). The on-board GPU is the Intel Gen 8 HD...
Automation, Process Control & Instrumentation Pocket Guide
Engineers Pocket Guide from IDC Technologies covering Automation Using PLCs, SCADA and Telemetry Fundamentals, Process Control Fundamentals, and...
ISA and Automation Federation expert Steve Mustard to present at Advanced Design and...
Mustard is featured in an online article—posted by PLASTICSTODAY—that promotes the presentation he will be giving next week at the Advanced...
On Robot to announce expansion into US market at Automate 2017
Officially launching to the North American market at Automate 2017 in April, On Robot’s two-finger RG2 grippers—available in both single and...
Helukabel announces completion of expanded German production plant
One of the project’s objectives was to consolidate global R&D activities into one location. The engineering center houses additional test and...