FEATURED ARTICLESin Automotive
ARC Forum Wrap Up: Finding the Balance Between Connectivity and Security
By Cory Fogg, Automation.com
The February 6-9 event provided an atmosphere buzzing over the potential that the Industrial Internet of Things...
Scalable MES Can Increase Speed to Smart Manufacturing
By Greg Schmidt, Rockwell Automation
Manufacturing execution systems (MES) can help companies better understand their operations and get more out...
Does Collaboration Trump Automation in the Automotive Industry?
By Jonathan Wilkins, EU Automation
While autonomous vehicles are making most of the headlines, some argue collaboration is more vital to industry...
South Carolina Becoming Home for Automation, Innovation, and Vision Guided Vehicles
By Jim Rock, Seegrid
South Carolina is one of leading locations for vision guided vehicles (VGV), driven in part to the increasing North American...
- Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence delivers metrology solutions for Hendrick Motorsports
- Otto Motors to supply self-driving vehichles for Mississippi Toyota plant
- Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence announces technology partnership with Wichita State University
- Study: Connected Cars and Internet of Things drives automakers' investments
- Comau and Engineering Ingegneria Informatica sign global cooperation agreement
- GMTA announces Scott Knoy as company Vice President
- Egemin announces AGV pilot project at Audi logistics facility
- IHS Report: Industrial trucks to face competition from AGVs
- Scimetric Instruments opens new office to support U.K. operations
- Okuma and Chip Ganassi Racing host students for Manufacturing Day
- Hexagon AB announces acquistion of Apodius
- AMT announces IMTS Ride Experience featuring rides in self-driving car
PRODUCT NEWSin Automotive
Axiomtek announces tBOX324-894-FL fanless embedded computer
The tBOX324-894-FL features modular I/O design allowing flexibility of different combinations: for example, with four M12 connectors or optionally...
Custom Automation & Machinery releases SEP-10T powder compacting press
The equipment is designed to benefit all industries which mold components with powder volumes of up to 5 cubic inches, including the automotive,...
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries releases micro V5 micro milling machine
The micro V5 meets demand for a range of applications such as precision automotive parts, large-scale molds for display casings and other products,...
Mentor is an automotive systems supplier providing design tools and embedded software in the areas of connectivity, electrification, autonomous...
Brochure includes 28 application examples of how Micro-Epsilon sensors and measurement systems are providing benefits for customers in development,...
The 13-page guide has helpful information about how to maximize the use of precision dispensing equipment for adhesives, sealants, oils, and...
WHITE PAPERSin Automotive
By Ming Fong, Schneider-Electric Software
Even though MQTT was designed prior to this age of IoT, its characteristics meet the requirements of IoT...
This document summarizes the manufacturing execution system (MES), or manufacturing operations management (MOM) solution implemented by a leading...
By Tyler Glieden, SICK
By reducing the need for physical guards and barriers, light curtains can increase the maintainability of the equipment...
CASE STUDIESin Automotive
P. J. Hare focuses its development work primarily on hydraulic presses for use in the automotive supply sector. Because customers require traceable...
NS Wash put suppliers on notice to find quality enclosures at a fair price. One came back with some Stahlin Non-Metallic enclosures samples
HIROTEC selected Kepware’s KEPServerEX connectivity software and the ThingWorx IoT Platform to enable company-wide device-to-cloud connectivity...