- April 23, 2021
April 2021 - Freedom IOT’s latest shop floor software release brings new voice-of-the-customer features and enhancements, including new Artificial Intelligence (AI) functionality and a self-help Video Library.
The AI feature notifies users and other systems of adverse machine and process conditions before they are catastrophic.
The latest version of the widely adopted software platform also includes a robust, self-help Video Library. This gives users the ability to walk through all the features and functions at their own leisure while facilitating rapid plant wide user education.
“We have strong relationships with our customers, and we value their feedback,” said Jeff Price, executive vice president of Freedom IOT. “We were the pioneer of this technology on the shop floor and these new features and upgrades to our software reflect our commitment to remaining the leader. We have the benefit of customer input to help us continue to provide the most user friendly, flexible shop floor software available.”
Highlights of the software’s new features and enhancements include:
- Dynamic Statistical Analysis – Set up simple to complex AI statistical rules to take the guess work out of manufacturing by continuously monitoring process and machine health.
- Video Library – Freedom offers a context-sensitive, comprehensive video-help library to assist in over 65 different topics to keep its users well-versed to stay as efficient and effective as possible.
- Barcode Scanner – With ease of use being one of the cornerstones of Freedom’s functionality, the updated barcode scanner app provides convenience at your fingertips for scanning part information, downtime, and much more, using a wireless barcode scanner connected to a mobile device.
- Operator App – The updated operator app provides a streamlined interface to Freedom’s smart manufacturing platform on a mobile device. The easy to use and powerful user interface provides the essentials for operators and other shop floor personnel.
- Real-Time Dashboards – Many new features and enhancements. You now have visibility to view IIoT measurement data along with nominal values using the new custom data widget, useful for a variety of metrics including analog sensor data and quality data. Compare actual cycle times to expected cycle times thanks to the new custom column chart and line chart widget.
- Machine Interfaces – Expanded capability of Freedom’s machine interfaces to communicate part production information and process information.
“The advantages of our software are the data it provides and the flexibility of customization,” added Price. “Our latest software version provides streamlined data presented in user-customized ways that are most useful to our customers.”